How to Apply
Our aim is to make renting a property though us as straight forward and simple as possible. We want happy tenants who look after the property as if it were their own as we believe it is an owner’s house but a tenant’s home.
If you have already inspected one of our properties and would like to live there...
Steps to renting a property...
- Decide what you are looking for in a property - the essentials and non-essentials. This could be the type of property, location, number of bedrooms, weekly rent, allows pets etc. Do your research and find some suitable properties.
- Have all of your documentation and references ready before you apply. Credit checks can take up to 10 days to receive.
- INSPECT the property - call or email the Saunders Property office and book a time convenient to you (and the agent) to inspect the property.
- Submit your application via email, or 1Form.com. Make sure you have attached all the relevant documentation and references (Advise your references that they may be called and ask that they return any calls promptly - this will ensure your application is processed as quickly as possible).
- As long as your application has all relevant accompanying documents, all required checks will be completed and application discussed with owner. We endeavour to advise you of decision within 48 hours.
- Ideally within 24 hours of being approved, all lease-holders and approved occupants will need to sign the Residential Tenancy Agreement. Your agent will go through your tenancy agreement and condition report, explaining both the tenant and owner responsibilities and expectations. This is a great opportunity for you to ask any questions! You will be required to fill in and sign a direct debit authority for future rental payments at this time.
- At the time of or before signing the tenancy agreement, you will need to pay your Tenant Deposit (equivalent to 2 weeks rent) via bank deposit/transfer and your bond (equilivent to 4 week's rent) at a Service Tasmanian branch
- Key pick up - When you are collecting the keys, you will be given two copies of the condition report (one for your records, and one to be returned to us within 48 hours if there are any discrepancies).
What you can expect from us...
- It should go without saying, but we will always treat you politely and with respect. If you feel this is not the case, please let us know and we will follow up immediately.
- Appropriate notice periods for all inspections as detailed in your tenancy agreement.
- We will act on any maintenance requests from you promptly and take action to resolve this as the level of urgency demands.